AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Python, the preferred programming language skill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Nate B.
Posted 10/11/2017 11:38 (#6301370 - in reply to #6261580)
Subject: RE: Python, the preferred programming language skill

Bremen, KS
I learned programming for my own personal/hobby reasons and don't earn a dime from them.

After years of trying I finally conquered C about 15 years ago. Since then I've done small things in Perl and have recently turned toward Python as its standard library is so expansive due to its "batteries included" philosophy. Beyond the standard library are plenty of third party libraries. My biggest hurdle has been making the jump to the event oriented thinking required for GUI programming. I'm getting closer and have settled on Tkinter for the UI toolkit as it seems to be complete enough for my needs--Qt is too big and expansive and the available versions vary too much across distributions and Gtk is a dead end.

I've also been getting my head around OO concepts and its implementation. It helped me to understand that this stuff is all implemented as name spaces in Python.

I hope to get in the swing of things again after the fall work is done and we have long winter nights. Unless I get side tracked talking on 160m!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)