AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pro 600 losing time and date
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sdwalton
Posted 9/21/2017 12:43 (#6261566 - in reply to #6260941)
Subject: RE: pro 600 losing time and date

Southeast NC

I was glad to see this post, because i had been wondering the same thing and just hadn't had time to post.  I've done some repairs on our JD 2600 screens, so i was wondering whether this might be something i could tackle myself.  After reading torn's reply, i pulled the four philips headed screws out of the back of the Pro 600 i have. The front and back pieces of the 600 seperated easily after those screws were removed, although there are some wires that connect the two pieces that could be disconnected if needed.

The battery is a Tadiran TLH-4986, but it was sealed into the circuit board by some type of rubbery adhesive.  I picked some of it off, but the battery didn't seem like it was going to come out easily.  I don't want to mess up the circuit board.  Does anybody know how this battery comes out?  I can't tell if it pops into something, or if it's bonded to the circuit board.  Am i better off sending this to Case?

What type of adhesive is likely used to hold these batteries in?  I'd love to be able to do it myself, because i have two screens that have this issue of losing the date every time the power is turned off.  It throws everything off in SMS when i pull things in. 

Thanks,

Sam

Edited by sdwalton 9/21/2017 12:54

(KIMG0048.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments KIMG0048.jpg (97KB - 35 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)