AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

She said, it's hot and sticky
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boxerman
Posted 9/20/2017 07:38 (#6259004)
Subject: She said, it's hot and sticky

SE Wis
How comfortable we are now days in our climate controlled homes. That wasn't true years ago. I don't have pictures so you'll have to use your imagination.

It was sometime in the 1930s. An early Sunday morning and it had rained most of the night. Not a breath of air moved the kitchen curtains. It was in the upper 80s last night and hadn't changed at all as the sun was coming up on this new day.

The man in our story just poured his first cup of coffee as he stood in the bedroom door to ask his wife if she was going to church. She replied, "no, it's to hot and sticky, and half of the windows at the church won't open, you just go ahead".

So our fellow finished his coffee, shaved, dressed and was off to give thanks for the small fan that helped cool his little home.

Two hours later the good wife heard the car pull up beside the house and after several minutes looked out to see why he hadn't come in. "It's no cooler out there", she hollered out the door.

When the screen door opened she was standing at the sink with her back to him. Turning, she found him stone still with one hand resting on the kitchen table with his head bent low. "Are you sick, what's the matter", she asked. He slowly raised his head to reveal a face that sported two black eyes.

"What happened to you", she asked. "Come on, what happened".

"You were right, it was really hot in church". "I sat in the back to be closer to the open door". "Most of the women had fans or brought papers to use as fans".

"Alright, alright. Who gave you those shiners" she asked

"You know Howards sister Mary", he asked? "Yes", she replied, "I know her". "Well, she was sitting right in front of me, and you know how big she is" he explained. "The Pastor was speaking about being good to your neighbors, about helping without being asked, so during the service, remember it was hot in there, and we were up and down, down and up and I noticed that Mary's dress was caught in her fanny. I thought about what the Minister had just said, so the next time we stood up, I reached over and pulled her dress out as a good neighbor, and she turned around and socked me in the eye"

"I'd have socked you too, what the hell were you thinking"? Speaking more as a woman than as a wife.

"After everything calmed down, the Pastor continued his Sermon by saying, being a good neighbor means knowing when to tend to your own business". "I knew I had done wrong, so the next time we stood up, I pushed her dress back in where I found it, and that where I got this other eye".

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)