AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How does Nebraska test track deal work?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 9/23/2017 14:10 (#6265474 - in reply to #6264891)
Subject: RE: How does Nebraska test track deal work?

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

Offroadnt - 9/23/2017 07:39

1. Sounds like a Claas promo video to me

2. Nebraska tractor tests are nothing more than a point of interest in the real world, it also wouldn't surprise me if the tractors supplied weren't "adjusted" a bit for these tests. How do they acquire these tractors for testing?

3. Anybody who's run identical pieces of equipment knows each has characteristics that are unique to it, one may pull better, shift smoother, use less fuel, be quieter etc. With today's reliance on electronics it gets even worse as the performance of one unit to next can be totally altered for any of a thousand reasons.

4.Only a fool would buy a tractor solely based on Nebraska tractor tests in my opinion.

1. It does because that particular video was put out by Claas. But the actual test IS objective, its done by the University, run by University employees and students, they dont care whether its a JD, Case, Agco, etc.  

2. There are rules about the tractor, not sure what they are exactly, I know some of it has to do with it being a production model set at factory settings. I believe each one comes direct from the manufacturer. Now there may be small differences in each unit produced, but its supposed to represent and "average", remember the tractor CANNOT be sold in Nebraska without a test, and there would be legal problems if they delivered a boosted model and then didnt produce that power from production units.

3. Have you ever looked at a tractor test report? It will show how much pull, how much pto hp it has, how much fuel was used, etc. I "think" it might even show cab db, not sure, its been awhile since I looked at one.

4. I agree, there are many factors in choosing what machine is best for you. But it does give a person objective and factual data that they can use to compare different models from the same company, or similar models from different companies. For example, if tractor A pulled more than tractor B, those 2 numbers can be compared, maybe tractor B used less more fuel compared to tractor A to pull the same amount, that can be compared, and when looking at the tests a person knows that both tractors were tested under EQUAL conditions, no "my ground is different than your ground". Thats the whole point of the test!

You might not agree with it, but the fact is the Nebraska Tractor Test is the industry standard, period.

Edited by berggrenfarms 9/23/2017 14:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)