AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS to Ipad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

del8000
Posted 9/13/2017 15:57 (#6245835 - in reply to #6245786)
Subject: RE: SMS to Ipad

SE NE
Do you pay the yearly subscription for the SMS software itself? Some limited functions of Agfiniti come with that. You can't use the ipad app but you can access it from the ipad using a web browser, at least it works for me on an iphone. I find it useful for scouting varieties, but it doesn't work well if you have more than 2-3 varieties in a field, each variety is assigned a color on a scale and the web page only shows the "lowest" and "highest" variety and your guessing at the ones in between.

*edit*
wow... never mind on the variety issue.. I just figured out how to get it to display the actual color for each variety, apparently there is an option to change from the scale to a grid.. wish I figured that out earlier this year!

I will add that I've talked to other people who used it and said that the GPS isn't very accurate, but I've found it accurate enough to figure out which variety I'm in. It might be the difference between the GPS in an android vs iphone. I don't have an ipad so I don't know if that GPS would be any different than the iphone's.

Edited by del8000 9/13/2017 16:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)