AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ji case #303 3 row 30" corn head
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Yogi
Posted 9/2/2017 16:07 (#6224960 - in reply to #6218584)
Subject: RE: ji case #303 3 row 30" corn head

Durant EC Iowa
Ugo, years ago, when I first started farming in the 80's, I used several 660 combines. Moved up to a 1480 and never looked back. I have a call in to the guy I sold all the combines and heads to. Not sure if he still has them. Don't think so. If he calls me back I will let you know.
Anyway, if by a miracle you find one (I was lucky), a few things you might want to know:

1. The head is pretty heavy. I believe I had fluid in steer tires and weights on them, plus a couple weights, and even then it was light in back.
2. Needed to add a higher pressure relief to the hydraulics to lift it. I believe it went under the cab on a block somewhere. I bought it used from a neighbor. Not sure if you would be able to order or find one now.
3. Each row had 3 gathering chains, one of which had longer flights to bring the corn in. Again, don't think you would be able to get them now. They were expensive back then.
4. You better have short rows with a 50 bu hopper, IIRC.

Other than that it ran fine. May just be an issue, if you find one, keeping it going. They were rare back when everything was 38-40" rows and I think extinct now. Maybe you might have other options.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)