AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

another afs ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 9/21/2006 19:28 (#45505 - in reply to #45391)
Subject: RE: windows xp

South central, Nebraska
My old system was windows 98. I had external pcmcia reader for it but the old computer had to be laid to rest. Found out the reader would not work with XP. Then I found out the pcmcia readers for xp systems were WAY more expensive.

I bought a laptop for my oldest child going to college. It is a XP system with a pcmcia slot. I had to activate the reader but it worked. I had my second child go off to college the next year and got his laptop to read also. My third child went off to college this year but I didn't bother trying to set her system up cause I never see the computers after they go to school. Probably won't do the last child's either.

I went on ebay a bought a reader the goes in the expansion slot on the back of my pc running windows xp. Very simple to install and very cheap to buy. It is handy cause there is nothing but the slot in the back to slide the card into.

Here is a link that explains how to get the system to see the cards. They also have 1,2,3, or 4 MB cards. That is where I bought my card originally. They understood my application.

http://www.vikant.com/help_03.htm
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)