AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad Car Charger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/20/2017 16:28 (#6199412 - in reply to #6196495)
Subject: RE: iPad Car Charger

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've been through this having an iPhone 6 and an iPad Pro. Apple supplies a USB wall charger with each device. There are actually three different ones depending on what you purchase. The iPhone comes with a 1 Amp charger, many iPads comes with a 2.1 Amp charger, the iPad Pro came with larger capacity charger. These allow plugging into 110 VAC. Each of the chargers is physically a different size and the rating is stamped on the case although it is hard to read.

What happens if you use a charger with a device other than what they were designed for? As I understand it, if I charge my iPhone with the larger charger that came with the iPad, it will work and charge faster but MIGHT damage the battery. If I try to charge my iPad with the small charger that came with the iPhone, it may not charge at all or may charge but take a long time to reach full charge. I'm thinking that doing this occasionally probably wouldn't hurt much. I plugged my iPad into my computer's USB port. It said it wasn't charging but when I came back much later, it was fully charged. It was OFF while charging.

Since I was going to use my new iPad in my tractor for planting, I got a dual 2.7AMP lighter plug charger as recommended by some one here. I even followed the link they suggested and bought the very model that was suggested. It was not able to keep up. I could start with a 100% charge at the beginning of the day but notice that the level dropped off during the day.

One day I was in Home Depot and they had a dual port lighter plug where one port was labelled 2.7 AMPS and the other 1 AMP. The idea is that you would use the appropriate one for the device you were using. This lighter plug charger seems to work properly by using the 2.7 AMP port for the iPad and the 1 AMP port for the phone. It would be my recommendation. I did a search on Home Depot and they have several options. I did not see the exact model that I purchased although those shown likely would work.

Edited by tedbear 8/20/2017 16:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)