AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting speed signal into Surefire (Microtrak) controller from Geosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/7/2017 07:20 (#6172001 - in reply to #6170834)
Subject: RE: Getting speed signal into Surefire (Microtrak) controller from Geosteer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My information seems to agree, that with GeoSteer you will need a separate source for the speed for the MT device or any other device such as a planter monitor that needs a speed source. With SteerCommand you would be able to use a branch off the main harness for this purpose. It would likely require an adapter of some type which should be fairly easy to obtain.

I had a GeoSteer in my Deere planting tractor (8310R) which did not have a Deere GPS or actual radar gun. I wanted to get GPS emulated speed fed back to the tractor dash so I would have PerCent slip etc. So I too, wanted a way to get GPS speed out of the GeoSteer into another device.

My installer was not able to do this. It seems an obvious oversight that this feature was not provided.

I had a spare hockey puck GPS speed device from another situation and they used it to accomplish this. I believe you may need to do something like this also.

Later last year, I participated in Ag Leader's trade-up program which allowed me to trade-in my Integra and Geosteer towards an InCommand 1200, GPS 6500 and SteerCommand. This arrangement does have an emulated radar speed out branch. The installer was able to make an adapter cable to feed this into the tractor dash on the 8310R.

I have just participated in this year's trade-up program on two other tractors. The branch was used in these tractors also to feed the dash. The tractors were all Deere 8xxx of various ages.

Edited by tedbear 8/7/2017 07:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)