AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Data Management
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

borisyeltson
Posted 11/22/2008 08:57 (#513341)
Subject: Data Management

West Central MN
The local dealership has a program call data management or information management where they acutally take your data, fix the maps and print them for you. They will include a report with each farm and field as well as a written summary of things they noticed that may need attention. The question I'm wondering is does anyone else have this kind of service available? Is it worth it? The AMS guy is a pretty smart kid and I enjoy going to his classes, (which I suggest anyone struggling with JD AMS product to go to). So apparently this next year these classes he teaches and this data management program is going to be like a service agreement which isn't really a bad deal. I'm considering signing up because I have 5 seasons worth of data, and up till now I have only printed maps just to see roughly where I can inhance my fields with fertility or what not. They would teach us how to work with the data, make sure our equipment was set up properly, help write prescriptions if necessary, and print maps to combine all in folders. I know there is a company down in Missouri or something called Record Harvest that does this program for Ag Leader and what not, but this program up here would be for JD people. Does anyone use that service in Missouri? How much do they charge? Do you see any benefit out of it?

-Darrell
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)