AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InfoAg 2017
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Schorsch
Posted 7/21/2017 01:12 (#6139503 - in reply to #6138137)
Subject: RE: InfoAg 2017

Bavaria/Germany
Warren,
I did participate regulary at INFOAG since beginning.
But I did stop participting last year and will not go this year.

May be I´m going to old for "new INFO AG hightech".........

Yes its allways good to visit such a meeting once a year, just to meet interesting people and getting new infos.
But, sorry, I do miss since a while the real hot topics at INFOAG, which did push me to this conference.

WHat I do miss?

The real future topics of AG IT!

1. Still no presentations of "High speed ISOBUS"! You know, current ISOBUS technologie is a dead end! All AG industrei is working in the back room on the development of second generation of Agricuture ISOBUS!
2. the Ongoing and future of AG IT, AG communication etc. I asked already 2 years years ago that we would like to hear about www.farm2050.com As I did figure out till now, this is driven by Google! So if Google does step into AG IT world, we need to get infos. And INFO Ag was, and should be in future the place where the AG IT world gets first hand infos
3. THe future role of Garman IT company SAP in AG IT. The big players Techiks, seeds, Fertilzer etc. build up a pwerfull Farm data collecting system. Most new tracotrs do already communicate with the manufactures or dealers. None of them does have the single power to analyse all this data. So SAP did develop a software do give service to every one who does pay for it. And most of them are taking this service. My question would be or is: What can do and what does SAP with all AG data? be sure, they do not delete......
SAP is a core partner of Microsoft.

So in my mind: We have a big fight between Google and Microsoft about getting/chatching/steeling? Farmers infos.....

The third or fourth year in a row INFO AG does organize at preconference tour a afternoon in the terrible hot valley for demonstration toys (drohnes) OK, some corpadvisers can probably make a short term business to take irial photos for thier clients.
But beside this, to get benefit out of such infos, we need powerful databases so: Google or/and Microsoft.....

As I said, may e I´m to old for the new INfo toys in AG. But I, for my self will not push new technics to feed Google´s and Microsoft`s databases for free....
The need to come to the only real world wide INFOAG conference and need to put the "cards on the table"!!!!!!

I know, some "hard core visitors" of INFO AG do read this. And, I hope you can agree with my concerns.

We all did drive up AG Informatic in the last 20 years, so we should take/get the rights to get informed what will be the future. Will we be the "free empoyee" of Google and Microsoft? May be yes, because we do the daily work taking the "dirt out of the fields" But the benefit/profit does go to.....

If Google and SAP/Microsoft will not come out from back room to the front room and give us more informations, we need to inform our clients (Farmers) whtas going on...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)