AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on mojo and manure application
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 11/20/2008 08:46 (#511525)
Subject: Update on mojo and manure application

Well, everything is working pretty well. I was able to save ab lines on the mojo when I had to get another field started before it got dark and it seems to steer pretty nice - a less bumpy field and going slower would further improve performance, but as it is I have great on line tracking as long as I steer to the line without too much of an angle (my settings tend to make it hunt alot if I'm not smooth getting lined up). I would highly recommend this system based on cost and performance (that is until something comes out much cheaper).

I got the whole flowmeter and valve system working with my raven 4400 console - I still have to be in about the right range of speed and pto to have it work stable (it has limits), but it's much nicer and I feel much better about my application rate across the field. The real good news is the flowmeter was $800 (about every factory with 6" plumbing that measures water flow has several and they land on ebay quite often) and the valve was $250 (SS knife valve). I had to fabricate the hydraulic cylinder mount and run some hose, but it wasn't bad. Sprayer specialities sold me the valve and raven 'booster' for around $400 and naturally raven's manure harness is $250 (or higher - haven't paid the bill yet). I'm thinking I got the whole enchillada done for $2000 (some labor, flanges, made the wrong hoses a few times, pretty standard stuff).

The weather is holding out for now, so I should get done ok - however, I've made another problem for myself in that I wouldn't want to use a tank without the monitor now. So I gotta go.

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)