AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

dec corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Gumby
Posted 7/17/2017 10:24 (#6131307 - in reply to #6131257)
Subject: RE: dec corn

NE IL
olivers & whites - 7/17/2017 09:49

I don't understand suck on this topic. I have seen a lot of Illinois and Indiana corn, some good some bad and a lot that needs rain. I just don't believe USDA yield or even trendline are going to happen. I think better prices are ahead. So I'm glad to have 0 priced.

I agree. I see lots of corn that is tall, pollinating and dark green. Many people are forgetting all the the replant corn that was just "patched in" on the interior of those fields, and totally missing the thin stands that probably should of been replanted, but were not. That won't be recognized until the combine roll and the yields are disappointing. I might not know as much as the rest of you guys..... but I do know one thing; When you have a borderline or questionable stand, you're almost always disappointed at harvest. Of course, I haven't been to Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska, so I won't say that the nation as a whole won't reach trend. I just think Illinois and Indiana will have a hard time holding up their end of the bargain to get us there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)