AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Ag Leader question for tedbear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/19/2017 07:39 (#6135514 - in reply to #6134306)
Subject: Agree

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
KMech - 7/18/2017 16:49

It is possible to backup from a display that has a feature unlock and restore on a display lacking that unlock. You will not be able to load any configurations that require that unlock, but they will still be there.

I found that to be true just yesterday at least with the 1200's. I am in the process of upgrading my Ag Leader displays through the current trade-up program. I have a tractor that was used for planting with a fairly complex configuration which required the Multi-product unlock. It used an InCommand 1200 with SteerCommand. I have another tractor that has just been upgraded to another InCommand 1200 with Steer Command and a GPS 6500.

The newest InCommand will eventually have the multi-product unlock installed as it is part of the deal since my trade in Insights have the multi-product unlock. This newest InCommand does not yet have the unlock since the used items have not been processed by Ag Leader. Once they process those items, I will receive credit towards the unlocks.

While at the dealer, the installer made a backup of my original InCommand which contained my configurations, fields and planting data from the Spring. This backup was restored to the new virgin InCommand 1200 on the other tractor. I noticed that all the configurations including those that required the multi-product unlock were present on the new InCommand.

Out of curiosity, I temporarily plugged this newest InCommand (with the restored backup but no multi-product unlock) into the planting tractor that is still connected to the planter. I selected a test field and a complex planting configuration. Everything worked as usual at first. I was then presented the screen where I could enter my varieties, fertilizer and spraying products. This too went as usual. HOWEVER, once I pushed the Accept button, a message appeared stating that the multi-product unlock was required and to see my dealer.

I'm confident that once the multi-product unlock is installed this new InCommand that it could be used with those configurations. So yes, a backup from a display with unlocks can be restored to another like display without them but you will not be able to use those configurations that require an unlock that is not present.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)