AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tissue test
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 7/17/2017 06:24 (#6130854 - in reply to #6130783)
Subject: RE: Tissue test

King City, Mo
Just sat threw a meeting Midwest put on last week about soil testing and tissue testing and other testing they do. Got some nutrient Mgmt ceu's for my cca and a good lunch outta the deal plusngood info.

In the dry is a good chance your gonna see a k defiency.

Even the agronomist at Midwest labs wasn't suggesting much recommendations based off the tissue test unless your in the business of selling foliars or growing corn for the high yield contests.

It's a good tool to see what's going on right now and get a snapshot in time. Since Agrigold did tissue tests on my corn every few weeks a couple years ago I haven't sent any tissue samples in. I had tissued sampled about all my fields prior to see how they were doing. Just haven't gotten motivated enough to pull more.

If you have a problem spot I would tissue a good and bad spot to compare to.

If you've made some soil tweaks and wondering what the plant thinks it might be neat to pull some.

Your on the right track of if it's too wet or If it's too dry. If you wanna pull them just make note of the conditions at the time of pulling them. If your Goldie locks and you finally get to pull one at the right time then make note of that when it's not to wet, or not to dry and it's just right....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)