AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmer GPS users
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bernie nw ON
Posted 11/19/2008 10:32 (#510648 - in reply to #510377)
Subject: RE: Farmer GPS users

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Great White North
I use Farmer GPS, works very well for my needs. I started out by purchasing a EZ Guide 500 last year on Ebay, used it on a few acres it worked ok but then I discovered Farmer GPS. I thought the option for a larger screen was a plus, and liked the simplicity of saving data in Farmer GPS. I can not envision going to assisted steering nor do I need more than basic guidance. Sold the EZ Guide on Ebay (broke even), and purchased a used tablet PC with a 10" screen. I am using the Novatel Smartantenna, I bought the complete setup from Farmer GPS. Works very well, we have used it for seeding, spraying, fertilizer application and are currently using it spreading liquid manure. I have the integration box and it also works well.
For my purposes, Farmer GPS is ideal. I probably have $1800 into it, and it is a better fit for me, and more useful, than the EZ Guide 500 was. I have had to contact Johannes a couple of times for small issues (my wiring mistake) and the support has been great. Nice to be able to speak directly with the guy who designed the program.
If Farmer GPS fits your needs, you have the laptop and antenna already, the $350 for the license will be money well spent.

Edited by Bernie nw ON 11/19/2008 10:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)