AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Envizio Pro: Changing Painting to Behind You?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

OettingAgService
Posted 7/11/2017 22:52 (#6120208 - in reply to #6119945)
Subject: RE: Raven Envizio Pro: Changing Painting to Behind You?

West Central Missouri
cainfarmer - 7/11/2017 21:20

The Envizio pro is not user friendly. I have been fighting with one in a new sprayer this year.

I'm in the exact same situation. I can't decide if user angry or user hostile is the more appropriate description. I've been told other Raven displays such as a Viper 4 would solve many of my complaints, but I see that expense as doubling down on the problem as compared to converting Ag Leader. Making the matter worse, while used Ag Leader equipment has value, I can't find anywhere that a used E Pro/ smarttrax/ accuboom has any meaningful value. The dealer we bought the sprayer from deals Raven, but the used equipment had so little resale value they wouldn't make any meaningful credit to the sale price if I tried to buy it without that gear.

I deal Ag Leader gear, and while I while I was the lone dissenting vote in the sprayer purchase, I thought at least it would give me hands on experience with a competitive product. Now I truly understand the customers that have paid me to replace Raven gear with Ag Leader, and why I've never seen it go the other way around (which explains why used Raven gear has no value). It's not that it doesn't get the job done, it's that this device, whose sole purpose is to make the job easier, instead makes it harder.

If it was solely my decision, it would be no big deal. The Ag Leader equipment would already be on order. The trouble is I am only one of 3 parties that have to agree on the expense of replacing that equipment. Absolutely the only factor that matters to the other parties involved is, what's the cheapest way to get the job done. While the operation of the E Pro/smarttrax/accuboom system is a complete and total exercise in frustration, the fact is it does get the job done. It meters the liquid accurately, including section controls, and the steering system works just a bit better than foam markers, therefore the system is "functional".

If there's any chance you can recall what you changed and how, I would love to know. It wouldn't solve every problem with this system, but it would certainly be a step in the right direction. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)