AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

no till drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bharzman
Posted 11/19/2008 09:40 (#510614 - in reply to #510586)
Subject: Re: no till drill

North Central Kansas
not worried about the capacity per say. I am think of corners in the fields or getting to some of my fields. With that long 'ol thing, you leave big corners that you have to go out and hand seed, or spray to keep the weeds out. I would like something I could back into a corner and get it all. I have but 1200 total acres I farm. about half is in wheat. Currently we have an old LZ 3 section 18' hoe drill (25 acres refill), and a JD750 20' with liquid no till (40 acres refill). I do not mind the refills, it gives a guy a chance to get out and stretch his legs. Dad runs one, I run the other. Dad is 70, and is slowly creeping out of the main work. With 3 kids, school events, and other acres to tend to, I am looking for a 1 unit drill (if there is a such a critter). I am not 100% no till, and do not think I will ever be. I have 150 acres that are irrigated so that ground gets worked each season.

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=15086&p=2&srch=search%2...
lot 44
is a picture of an 1890 with the liquid on it. This system would be fine as well. I like the GP John posted too. I was looking at that unit vs one of their HD units. But thats why I came here to see others thoughts and opinions
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)