AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Machine shed again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OH Mike
Posted 11/18/2008 12:28 (#509986 - in reply to #509942)
Subject: RE: Machine shed again

NW Oh
Just put up a Morton. I'm biased towards Morton for 2 reasons, warranty and quality. I think there's 1st class all the way around. I don't think anyone comes close to there warranty. Yes they do cost more, but if you start looking at the buildings there's design features that come from experience. With the guys we farm with we have Mortons from the 70's, 80's and 90's and they are continuously making improvements. The barn built in the 70's has never been touched except for the spoutings that rusted, but now they're Aluminum.

The country craft gets you the same quality, but less structure. Wider truss spacing, thinner guage steel, an naturally less warranty with less cost. I was told it's more comparable with Morton's competion. It gets Morton back into the Price range of they're competition. I bought mine in February and it's gone up 20% since then cause of steel and fuel prices.

FYI Mine was 54x90x16 walls, with a 16x30 side door, and 17x24 end slider. Wainscoat, 4 windows and the 9 pane walk in door, screwed on walls and roof. No Concrete was $52,000. I did all the stone work electricity and grading.

Buddy put up a 60xx120x16 Hogie and I think it cost him 64,000 with basically no warranty except on the Paint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)