AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for tedbear or other Ag Leader experts...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/9/2017 08:47 (#6114357 - in reply to #6112978)
Subject: RE: Question for tedbear or other Ag Leader experts...

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It would be important that both have the same firmware version but apparently they do now.

The fact that one has the multi-product unlock and the other doesn't might be the problem. Since the bad one doesn't and the good one does, I would think the restore should work going that way but maybe not.

The backup should contain all the information that you are concerned with including even AB lines etc.

As far as the good unit not allowing the accept box, I have not experienced that.

I did this just last Fall when one of mine failed, in my case they were both identical as far as unlocks, firmware version etc. One was a 2004 and the other a 2008.

I still have one of my working Insights as I have not completed the trade up program. If you were close, it would be interesting to see if your backup from your bad one would restore to my good one.

As part of my trade-up program I will end up with three InCommand 1200 displays that will have the same unlocks and firmware versions. I desire to have them identical so that they can be moved around among four vehicles. Mainly this is so the "Master" can be used for planting, spraying and moved to the combine. That way the reference variety and spray maps would be available in the combine. During that time one of the other InCommands can be used in the planting tractor for steering while doing tillage.

My plan is to use this Master InCommand for all planting and application and then do a backup and restore to the other two. At that point in time they should be identical in every respect. I realize that once I start using them, they will no longer be 100% identical but should be from a configuration and field standpoint. I also realize that I could run the variety maps through SMS and temporarily import them into the display in the combine. I may end up going that route rather than physically moving the display.

I'm thinking that maybe once a year, I would do the backup and restore game as the planting and application data would all be on the Master. This would allow the other displays to again be in sync with it.

I emailed Ag Leader Tech support for their opinions and advice on my plan. I got a reply indicating that my "backup from one and restore to the others" should work fine for my purposes.

The email indicated that I could unlock all three InCommands for the Display Cast feature, subscribe to the Cloud and have all the information coordinated between the various displays at all times This would involve a one time charge of $750 for each display and the yearly license. The displays would need to have access to the internet as well. I don't feel my situation warrants going that far.

If you would get your backup file to me some way I would be glad to try it in my good unit out of curiosity. My good one has the steering, auto swath and multi-product unlocks. I believe it is on version 9.1.

Edited by tedbear 7/9/2017 08:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)