AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Switch Trimble for AgLeader what's needed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2017 18:49 (#6098812 - in reply to #6098339)
Subject: RE: Switch Trimble for AgLeader what's needed?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the above. You will not be able to run the EZ-Steer through the Ag Leader.

As far as running the sprayer itself, you will need the auxiliary input module and switchbox or the 10 boom CAN switchbox. You would have this for the planter and/or the NH3 setup. You would need the liquid product control module which you apparently have for NH3. If you had the proper cables and left them in each rig, it would not be too hard to move the modules to the sprayer. I used to move these modules around a fair amount myself. I usually stored them in a tool or duffel bag that I placed in the corner of the cab.

The only rub with this plan is if they are needed in another location at the same time. This may not be too likely unless you use the sprayer for spraying pre-emerge chemicals while still planting. In the sprayer, the liquid module could be inside the cab or outside. The choice depends on the sprayer and other considerations.

The boom switches that were used with the 660 can be used but some rewiring is necessary. With the 660, the output from the boom section switch went two directions 1) to the boom valve to turn it ON and 2) back to the 660 to inform it that the section was ON. Then the 660 could compute and adjust the rate properly. With the Ag Leader, the switches need to be inputs to the Auxiliary module and not directly run the valves. The valves get their signal from the Liquid Module. That way auto swath and step in and shut sections off for you. I've done this on several rigs.

Post back if you have questions on that topic.

Edited by tedbear 6/30/2017 18:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)