AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying with Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/28/2017 15:15 (#6094574 - in reply to #6094050)
Subject: RE: Spraying with Integra

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm surprised this is happening with only 1 or 2 booms ON. Raven and Ag Leader are both flow based and do not "watch" the pressure so setting a low limit based on pressure would not work.

They are both flow based so setting a low limit based on volume/minute is used. The system will not drop below this volume in automatic so as to prevent tip check off or a poor pattern. On Raven at least (and I thought Ag Leader also), the value is factored down based on the booms that are really ON.

So if you had a low limit of 14 gallons/minute set in, the system would never drop below 14 GPM with all booms ON. If only half the total width was ON, the effective low limit would be 7 GPM. I know the Raven behaves this way and I thought Ag Leader did also.

So if all tips come on at a crawl with all the sections on, I would think it should continue to work with only 1 or 2 ON since the limit has been reduced. I have not really tested my Ag Leader system under these circumstances. I do not have flo-bak valves, mine are standard TeeJet ON/OFF ball valves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)