AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Contract Cancellation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sekansasan
Posted 6/27/2017 16:02 (#6092755)
Subject: Contract Cancellation

Kansas
I recently went into a contract for a piece of ground that is next to one of my farms. When I made the offer I put a lease termination clause before the contract was valid and put double earnest money than what the rent was currently if something happened in the next 30 days we couldn't close.

I was told couple days ago they had the lease termination signed by the current tenant which was paying about half the fair rental rate. The termination stated that the lease is terminated but he could harvest the current crop (Which was field peas). So he signs this and I am notified everything is good to go to plant beans after he gets the peas off. He cuts the peas 2 days ago. So we sent a custom sprayer to spray the ground to get ready for beans. Sent the planter their today and it had already been planted in the morning. The current tenant planted it. Then we found out the lease termination he signed it June 30th of course the day is the 27th. So he was trying to be a sneak the whole time.

I always thought that the date you signed something was binding and was illegal to post date or forward date a contract. Thought it was bound once you accepted it by signing. Am I thinking correct. Just trying to figure out how to move forward with this. What would you do?

The thing that gets me is he was in his right not to sign the lease termination. but he signed it anyways and pulled this stunt.

Edited by sekansasan 6/27/2017 16:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)