AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra shutting sections off to soon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/29/2017 07:06 (#6095776 - in reply to #6091996)
Subject: RE: Integra shutting sections off to soon

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
KMech - 6/27/2017 05:26

Look ahead settings are anticipations. These timing settings make things happen sooner. Increasing turn off look ahead makes turn off happen sooner. If you need turn off to happen later, you need to turn it down, however, I don't think it goes lower than .1

If your turn off is set that low, and your turn off is still too soon, there is an incorrect offset measurement in there somewhere. Unless you are trying to force extra overlap, a turn off below .5 is usually masking an error caused by a missing offset.

I agree. I was gone on a fishing trip over the weekend and spraying needed to be done. I've given up many trips due to situations like this and decided to go anyway considering my age and farming situation. This forced my great nephew to spray. He is inexperienced but needs to learn how to do these things. Had I been home, I would either have sprayed all "our" fields or went with him for a bit.

Upon returning I looked over the onscreen maps on the Insight which was used in the spray tractor. I was concerned as there seem to be extra chemical left over. I noticed an Insight lying on the buddy seat. This was the Insight that was usually used for spraying but has shown a screen problem at times. Apparently my "other" Insight was needed to actually do the spraying since all the maps were on it. One of the things I checked was the spray setup which appeared fine. I did notice the GPS offsets on that Insight for that tractor were all still set at 0.0. This is the default for a vehicle and can easily be overlooked.

Since these were incorrect, autoswath would not be turning the sections ON/OFF at the correct points. This might have caused autoswath to shut off the sections sooner than desired since it would think that the booms were closer to the GPS antenna than they really are. I don't think this will be much of a problem but it is a thought. It does not explain why there seemed to be some of the main ingredient left over, this is a concern at the moment.

I have the two Insights traded in on the trade up program. After I get the new equipment, I will have 3 InCommand 1200s. My plan is to consider the InCommand 1200 that I already have as the "Master" and have all our fields and configurations on it. I can then use the AgSetup file concept to put all our fields and configurations on the new InCommands.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)