AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar Shared Coverage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FarmHawk23
Posted 6/13/2017 08:34 (#6068449 - in reply to #6066687)
Subject: RE: Greenstar Shared Coverage

Terril, IA
If you are going to use John Deere Machine Sync, You have two options. Radios or using the machines MTGs in they are 3G MTGs or better. They will both do what you are looking to do. As stated above, if you go through the MTG the 2630 will send the data up to myjohndeere and it will sit there until retrieved from the other 2630 in the bigger rig. This is the easier way of doing it and cheaper but only if your tractors are already equipped with 3G MTG. If not, I believe JD was running a program on these to get the older ones upgraded to new.

If you choose to purchase the MCRs (Machine Communication Radio), You are right in stating that the coverage will transfer between the two machines if they are in the same field. BUT! If you record data with your smaller rig first, Take it back to where the other bigger rig is sitting and that machine is running. Get the bigger rig on the same network as the smaller rig, and the data will then transfer once the machines are close enough to communicate through the MCRs. The radios work like any other type of radio. Line of sight.

Either way you look at it they will work for what you are wanting. Setup files will work but are just a pain in the butt in my opinion. Today's technology is more than capable of achieving what you want. USB sticks are going to be a thing of the past in the next couple of years if not already.

This whole particular reason is why I really like Ag Leader's Display Cast. Not only do the displays send coverage but they send the actual as applied data as well. For example, If I have row by row information being recorded on two monitors, I can see mine and the other operators no matter where they are! All this data can be used for section control. It will also send any guidance lines that either displays have so they you can access any line regardless of what display created it. It will also show you which display is using a particular guidance line. So if you want to match up lines you don't have to make that phone call or radio call to figure it out. You can just look at your display and pick the line the other display in the field is using.

On top of all this, It sends boundaries and monitor setup files which include, products, machine settings and so on. You can literally buy a new monitor, pull it out of the box, fire it up and connect to display cast and have everything loaded to it in a matter of seconds and be off and running without having to use any software or USB sticks to get it set up. In my Opinion Ag Leader has pioneered the best "machine sync" on the market and all of the other manufacturers need to take notes!

Anyway, I hope this helps. I have had a lot of experience with both systems. Deere and Ag Leader and I def know which one I like better. Ag Leader all they way!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)