AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision Planting/Climate Corp Fieldview .dat files and SMS suck
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 6/8/2017 16:20 (#6060787)
Subject: Precision Planting/Climate Corp Fieldview .dat files and SMS suck

WC Mn/Dakotas
Has anyone found a way to handle these files better?

I have several deltaforce and vdrive planters that we variable rated the seeds for corn and soybeans. I put 120x120 ft learning blocks in different zones in each field and moved populations up and down 2-4k in each for corn and 20k for beans.

When i read these dat files into sms there are like 40 files per quarter and they take forever to load. Huge files i know. But then all sms can do is display 1 average value for the whole planter, 48 rows. Sms says to do a split planter function. That will split planter into up to 4 segments. Perfect i thought. I could get 4 - 12row segments and that would match a 12row combines resolution. Wrong, it will create 4 identically valued segments, rather than 4 uniquely averaged segments. What good is that function sms?

Because sms can only show 88ftx88ft, the width of the planter. My maps show some average population that i never even planted. 1 pass that goes through part of a learning block might show 26k, the other pass in that block shows 28k. However the block was actually planted at 29k and the surrounding area is planted at 25-27k. So my higher population learning block doesnt look any different than the surrounding area. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Sms blames proprietary PP, PP blames sms or sends me to Fieldview. Fieldview says PP

Anyone have success using any other software or ways to work around this? Sms and Fieldview are not capable or arent able to let me take an analysis image out to do any further custom scripting or any other manipulations.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)