AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 4020 Clutch Troubles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 6/7/2017 15:06 (#6059128 - in reply to #6058919)
Subject: RE: John Deere 4020 Clutch Troubles

Faunsdale, AL
Synchro-Range transmission. I agree, nothing hydraulic related to it. You have the wrong plug out, replace it and go back to the clutch.

I think there are a couple of grease fittings on the outside, one is for the clutch release bearing and the other is for the pto engage bearing.

With the engine stopped!...........I would lube those and look up inside to perhaps spray some penetrating oil on the release bearing where it slides back to front as you push the pedal down. Have someone press clutch pedal down while you watch from below to see if the release bearing is compressing the pressure plate release levers and then backing off when released.

When breaking a stuck clutch loose you want to be in the highest gear possible. Last one I had was a 6030! Luckily it was already hitched to a plow so all I had to do was raise the plow, shut it down and put transmission in 5th, defeat the neutral safety switch, start it up and go plow. It actually took 15-20 minutes of plowing with the clutch held down before it broke loose with a bang! I about hit the steering wheel!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)