AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I HATE CELL PHONE COMPANIES
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 5/27/2017 19:33 (#6040893 - in reply to #6040777)
Subject: RE: I HATE CELL PHONE COMPANIES

I see what you mean. A AT&T/T-Mobile phone will not support CDMA for Verizon. But if you buy a Verizon phone it will work on both networks. Interesting. The iphone 6 will work on both out of the box.

The whole story is here-- https://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/08/att-and-tmobile-iphone-7-models...

Blame Intel because-- It was previously reported that Apple would switch to Intel modems for select iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models, including AT&T models, and Intel modems do not support the CDMA standard in the United States. That is likely the reason why AT&T and T-Mobile models are limited to GSM networks.

I am sure the Intel chips were made cheaper. Blame Apple for your problems on the phones.

I have Verizon and it is the only phone that will work in the neighborhood. I asked around to other people that have lived in the neighborhood a lot longer than me. They said they have tried all of the other phone companies. None work in the neighborhood even though the Sprint or T-Mobile tower is closer. Figure that.

I am not saying that Verizon is a cherub but it works here. I got the cost down to $112 taxes, etc. for 3 phones and 3GB of data 3 years ago. I got that by getting on the Verizon account every time they sent me an advertisement in my email. Finally I talked to a customer service rep and she lowered my account from $205 to $112. Nice person. We own our on phones. I found a sale on Moto G4 Plus last thanksgiving and bought them. Talking about easy to change phones. Just moved the sim card over and started up the phones. No problems except learning how to moved texts, photos, etc. over to the new phones.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)