AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FM1000 Discontinued; 750 here to stay?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dogface1SG
Posted 5/25/2017 18:11 (#6037714 - in reply to #6037443)
Subject: RE: Trimble FM1000 Discontinued; 750 here to stay?

NW Ohio
They "discontinued" it in December. Trimble still has some new units on the shelf but they are not offering dealers any extra incentive to move them. How can I sell you an "outdated" system at full price?

I have been told that there will not be any new updates as well but, after that, there was one for Trimble's new modem. Trimble normally "supports" their products 5 years after being discontinued. So with the number out there, I would guess unlocks would still be available till then.

They are still good property just in the electronics world, they have exceeded their life span. Mind you, the FMX came out in 2009 with only one major hardware change (12 to 44 channel). 7 years is a long lifetime for any "computer" to remain the same.

The 750 still remains. I have heard no rumors of its expected lifespan and I also am not sure what year it came out. I know if you research some of the NAT post, data management is a pain with them.

If I were you, I would look at either a used FMX or new TMX. If you get a TMX with the FMX Plus App, it works the same as the FMX. We transfer files back and forth all the time. The only thing the TMX cannot do that the FMX did was 4 cameras. TMX is limited to two. Otherwise it is a faster processor with a screen that is visible in direct sunlight. Only downfall to the TMX is if you move monitors from vehicle to vehicle, you have to move more equipment as it is a modular system where the FMX was everything in one unit. The nice thing about modular is there is only one cable going to the monitor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)