AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time ever... clean up spray for herbicide failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 5/22/2017 21:09 (#6032083)
Subject: First time ever... clean up spray for herbicide failure

nw NC
It is a first for me. I had to spray over a few acres of corn where apparently there was a failure of residual herbicide due to excessive rainfall just after application.

Field has been in corn silage many , many years with always excellent weed control. Last year corn was early variety harvested July 25. Early April application of Gly and 2-4-D had provided excellent kill of winter annuals so field was dead brown. Planted April 20 & 21 with three point mounted 4 row machine with sprayer bar on back. Applied 2 qts/acre Brawl II ATZ plus Warrior II insecticide with planter/sprayer rig. Temperature was in the seventies. The night of 21st it turned cold and began raining. Temps were in low forties for a few days and had seven plus inches of rain in two days. A week later there was a two inch rain. Most corn emerged on day eight. There was some corn seeds, in areas shaded by tall trees, that never sprouted. It rotted in the ground. I just got to replant ( finally dry enough) those areas Friday, May 19

With heavy rainfall potential forecast for Sunday night, I sprayed over the corn with 24 oz./ acre Gly., half pint/acre 2-4-D and 1 qt./acre Atrazine. During the night there was 1.6 inches rain. Late today ( Monday 5-24 ) pictures show pigweed and lambsquarter twisting. Grasses and weeds will take a few days to start yellowing, I hope !

(001 (Large).JPG)

(002 (Large).JPG)

(004 (Large).JPG)

(006 (Large).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 001 (Large).JPG (213KB - 136 downloads)
Attachments 002 (Large).JPG (217KB - 129 downloads)
Attachments 004 (Large).JPG (233KB - 129 downloads)
Attachments 006 (Large).JPG (235KB - 155 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)