AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Donmoffat good call early this week on Sunday for corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 5/19/2017 12:41 (#6025083 - in reply to #6024839)
Subject: Donmoffat good call early this week on Sunday for corn

Andre54 - 5/19/2017 10:37 We could have a weekly reversal under our belt tonight if we close above 3.72 another positive sign on the tech side of things,a possible forward looking indicator ,maybe. So how come the pitchfork analysis is saying we should be down? I do not have a problem with it only that people using it make claims that is the only tool that is accurate,it still could be an accurate call but I doubt corn cares what MLare showing and corn may close just fine when all said and done.

Hi Andre,

I am sorry about rubbing you wrong.  I sense it in your posts.  Part of that comes from working in the black and white world or reading price...it should go here,...now it should go there, now there, wait, it missed,..ok that means this...etc.  You remind me so much so many people over the years, that I had exchanges with.  And so many of them, after doing the work themselves, or went to school, contacted me and said wow...I had no clue...etc.  I really don't care what you use. If you can utilize the pattern of flies sitting on the wall and make money, more power to you.  But I have zero interest in rehashing old territory.  The fact is simply that median lines are the only leading indicator.  This proven statistically.  Nothing else - at least in the public world- even comes close - period.   If you have something, please share.  At minimum we can test it with algorithms and see how good it really is.

The pitchforks have been doing wonderfully.  Again yesterday, an intersection of two of them contained price.  Today, price has popped one to the topside for the first time.  Much of what I talk about is not pitchfork stuff at all, but market structure, formation strengths and weaknesses.  And while the the forks can be used with in them, it's more of an art  to see ahead.  If my opinion is wrong, I am wrong, it is never the pitchforks fault.

Since I have positions in some of the grains, you will be happy to know that I am not longer at liberty to discuss them in any detail.

Take care and good luck.

Edited by jpartner 5/19/2017 13:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)