AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez Guide 500 problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 5/14/2017 05:48 (#6016236)
Subject: Ez Guide 500 problems

North Central Iowa

I've got an old EZ Guide 500 that I use with an EZ Steer for tillage spring and fall.  When tillage is done I put it in my sprayer tractor to use as a speed signal for my Raven and for the coverage map.  Last fall it started acting up and required a soft reset.  It worked fine for a while, then required a couple more through the rest of the season to finish ripping.  This spring it has required two more soft resets to keep it functioning and it appears to need another one now.  I switched tractors to finish up the last couple of hundred acres but now I need it in the sprayer.  I love the coverage map and don't use foam markers anymore because of this.  Are these things repairable or is it time to be shopping for something different?  I need something that will run the EZ Steer in the tillage tractor.  Will I be happy with a 250 or do I need to step up to the 750.  I've got integrated RTK units in other tractors for the true precision work.  I won't need to be able to upgrade from what I have described using this one for.  Ag Express suggested downgrading the firmware since I'm on version 5.01.  The tech claimed that I wasn't utilizing a lot of what 5.01 offers and that downgrading firmware might free up some space.  Has anybody heard of this?  I thought doing half a dozen soft resets in the last thousand acres of tillage would have freed up more space than I would need.  Any suggestions?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)