AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Open Office Writer - rotating a picture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/29/2017 13:43 (#5989628)
Subject: Open Office Writer - rotating a picture

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I tried using Open Office Writer to create an Ad for a ladder extension from my planter. I got the wording typed in and tried inserting a picture. The picture came in sideways and I would like to rotate it 90 degrees. I can flip it vertically or horizontally but not rotate it. Surely there must be a way.

After doing a Google search I find that there is no way to rotate 90 degrees from within Writer. They suggest a workaround by putting the picture in the Draw program and rotating it and saving it to the clipboard. The go back to writer and do a copy into the document. I will give that a try.

Later edit. The procedure worked quite smoothly, open Draw and import the picture. Rotate it within Draw and do a Control-C to copy it to the clipboard. Open Writer and do a Control-V to insert it in the Writer document. It can then be resized and moved until it gets where you want it. So one is using the ability to rotate from within the Draw program to get the alignment desired for the eventual placement in the Writer document.

Edited by tedbear 4/29/2017 14:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)