AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Open Office Writer - rotating a picture
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/4/2017 00:51 (#5999426 - in reply to #5989628)
Subject: RE: Open Office Writer - rotating a picture

southern MN
Many many years ago when computers had cassette tape for storage, 16k memory was better than 8k memory, and dot matrix printers were the rage.....

I put together little newsletters, cards, pamphlets.

You couldn't actually do that back then, the software was too crude.

But if you played with what was around, one program would deal with pics, one you could draw some, three different word processors each would do one thing well but terrible at others.... You got excited when you found a public domain program that would shrink or enlarge pics... And so on.

Hum, my nerd might be showing......

Somehow on cold Minnesota winter nights I'd figure out a way to lump together what I wanted. Then to make a 6 page pamphlet, I would have to sort out which pages to print in what order so they would back up to each other.... No software back then would do pagination on its own.

Was fun. Kinda how I learned computers - keep swinging at it until you hit something.

Then years later I met my gal, and - she was a stripper. For the calander factory. They would place text and pics in strips to set up the pages of the calendars - hence the job title. So she went to college and did/does for a living what I was doing for fun years ago.

Back then I was using more technology in a corner of my room than they were designing calendars!

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)