AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

coverage mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/29/2017 06:56 (#5988888 - in reply to #5988179)
Subject: RE: coverage mapping

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If you want a coverage map you can toggle it ON/OFF with the screen icon. This becomes a bit tedious to do every time you turn around so some folks just toggle it ON when they start a field and let it map around the ends. This results in a useful but somewhat messy map.

If you want to use an implement switch so the system maps only when the implement is in the ground, another module is needed. Ag Leader makes a module called an Application Rate Module that can be used in a variety of situations. If you check out my reply to another poster you can read my discussion of this.

In your case, the Application Rate Module would be connected via a CAN tee to your CAN bus. The implement switch would be connected to the implement switch branch shown on my picture on the other reply. You would make a tillage configuration. One of the last questions concerns an implement switch. The 3 choices are None, Standard or Reversed. With an implement switch involved you choose either Standard or Reversed. Pick Standard and try it. If the mapping is backwards (maps when the implement is UP and not when the implement is DOWN) then change the setting to Reversed.

I had three different steering systems. Some allow coverage mapping to be based on auto-steer, other do not. I notice that on my 8310R that has been changed from GeoSteer to SteerCommand that it does map based on auto-steer engagement in my tillage configuration. I don't think it did that with my previous setup. With my CFX-750 running steering in another tractor, it had the option in the menu of having coverage mapping enabled based on auto-steer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)