AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time for the live trap again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 4/26/2017 15:50 (#5983640 - in reply to #5981060)
Subject: RE: Time for the live trap again.

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Years ago I saw a skunk under the yard light, slowly moving toward the house.  I grabbed my rifle and went outside.  It was the weirdest feeling, I could see the skunk, when I lined up the sight it would disappear.  Lower the rifle and could see it again.  Since I didn't want to wound it, I never took the shot. 
Another time I let out my daughter's miniature poodle around one o'clock before I went to bed.  He treed some coons in a tree near the house.  First gun I found was a 38 special revolver.  Emptied the gun, went back it to reload, and emptied it again.  There was a mamma coon and 9 babies on the ground when I finished.  Went to bed and got up the next morning to dispose of the animals.  Neighbor about a quarter of a mile away walked over and asked what all the shooting was about.  I didn't think about so much noise at the time I was shooting.
We used to set leg traps in the steer feed, caught so many coons it was beyond counting.  Killed them with a sawed off pitchfork handle, at that time would sell them.  Got $20 for one large one.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)