AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader PMM problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Wile e coyote
Posted 4/24/2017 18:24 (#5980305)
Subject: Ag Leader PMM problems

Greensburg, IN
Replacing the KPMII monitor on a kinze 3500 (8-16). Using an Insight as a monitor. Also added a hydraulic drive which works as it should when you increase seed rates or speed, the pop readout is correct. Yes I did a seed calibration with the hydraulic drive. Also did the correct procedure to get the seed tube sensors hooked up correctly and the Insight does recoginize all 16 row (split front and back). Using Trimble RTK along with the Insight for guidance and speed. The problem is on the planting mode under the seed tab the bar graph is not active nor is the RPM on the shaft speed.
Had four boxes with seed and twelve empty and there was no warning of out of seed or a bar graph showing the four rows were planting. Under the planter tab, the pop is displayed and RPM of the shaft is displayed. There is no map being painted as I plant. Under the diagonstics, the four rows were showing the correct pop of the four rows with the remaining 12 rows at zero. Its as the PMM isnt sensing any seed, but the pop read out on the Insight is correct to the pop I entered for it to plant. The only thing I can think of instead of using the plug that plugged into the KPMII, I'm using the plug at end of the wiring harness because I could reach the PMM (wanted the PMM mounted on the planter) with it and not the orginal plug that goes to the tractor (wired in with the warning light harness. I know this is long, just hoping the solution is very short. Fire away with any questions if this isnt clear. Thanks for any and all responses.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)