AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader PMM problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 4/24/2017 22:09 (#5980703 - in reply to #5980305)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader PMM problems

East Central, Nebraska
its been a while since I went through this but shouldn't you be able to plug into the harness anywhere you want? I believe when I setup my kinze planter when it was new years ago I quickly learned the harness on the planter was for not only my planter ( a 30 inch row model) but also had connectors for a split row version. I also put the module on the bar where I wanted it and just plugged into the closest connector available. it also seemed to me though, as I said before it has been a while. that I had the option to use the interplants or not in the display configuration. could it be possible that you just want to create a configuration that only includes the rows you are going to use currently in your situation, and maybe pay less attention to the ones that will not be used at this point? I never at any point had interplants so it was not an issue in my situation. also seemed to me that shaft speed was tied in and utilized with the same exact harness that the monitor sensors utilized. could it be your missing a piece of the puzzle?

before I posted this I went and checked, my sensors on the shaft (for shaft speed) are tied directly into the same harness as the sensors. so if I remember correctly I had to initially tell the monitor I had (in my situation) 16 sensors and 2 shaft sensors. then at that point I would assign all locations to the correct sensors at that point (later in the configuration). I don't believe that the seed drive, even though I was controlling it like you are, had a single thing to do with the onboard sensors. I initially thought they did but learned quickly the obviously did not.

hope this helps. I moved away from the KPPM a couple seasons ago to a stmm. trying to remember how it all worked. I know I dealt with it a few times changing configurations and monitors.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)