AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

prowl hebicide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 4/23/2017 17:40 (#5978579 - in reply to #5977639)
Subject: RE: prowl hebicide

CIL
Are these non-gmo beans? Liberty? Roundup is still a good grass herbicide.....but maybe that too will adapt! What grasses are you after? I like the yellow in beans for a little help on small seeded broadleaves like waterhemp. Trying a mix of 3 oz Valor XLT and 1 quart prowl this year. Our farms haven't seen Treflan/Prowl for a decade, so like you I'm trying to mix things up for the hemp. Valor XLT does well on a lot of things especially the hemp and morning glory. It is also decent on some grasses. The classic component in it is something that is also exclusive to beans, so something else to help switch up modes against your other programs. I'm not concerned about the cleanout on prowl. It's the valor that more concerns me. But a couple of gallons of household ammonia and a couple good flushes are always good, cheap insurance.

3oz rate of Valor XLT costs me just under $9 an acre, vs. $6 an acre for 1 quart of Prowl. XLT is much broader spectrum than prowl, but has some baggage. Both Prowl and XLT can be hard on emerging beans during a rain, but in our experience shallow incorporation helps with it.

Depending on the grasses you are after, Pursuit or other ALS like Classic could help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)