AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

switching my 3185 sprayer over to JD rate controller isn't going well
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/17/2017 07:05 (#5967088 - in reply to #5966863)
Subject: RE: switching my 3185 sprayer over to JD rate controller isn't going well

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
sbfarms - 4/16/2017 21:59

The 3185 machines have a diode in the harness that plugs into the back of the Raven controller that you have to bypass on one of the wires and I think it is the first boom section. We ran into that on ours when we put the ez boom setup in. That may explain why one section isn't working and possibly the fuse issue. I can look and see which wire it is but I think it is section number one.

Yes, this has been mentioned a few times here. I first ran into this on a "red"sprayer when I was installing an Ag Leader Direct Command system on it. In my case it was involved with only boom 1 which can have a fenceline tip. Since the fence line tip is plumbed to rob its flow from section 1, the wiring is such that the fence line tip cannot come ON unless boom section 1 is ON. With these add on conversion systems, the wiring is often intercepted in such a way that the diode prevents section one from coming on.

When I ran into this I was out on the customer's farm. I called back to my coworker for advice. I told him it behaves like a diode is involved. He happened to have the Raven wiring schematic for the sprayer and sure enough he found a diode on section one only. I was able to wire around this diode and all booms then worked as desired.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)