AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I copy memory stick to another one?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/16/2017 10:56 (#5965581 - in reply to #5964850)
Subject: RE: Can I copy memory stick to another one?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, I use the Control-A trick quite often in different places. Control-A is appropriate for this situation. If you wanted some but not all of the files you could copy them one by one but another trick might be helpful.

If the files involved are continuous one after another hold down the Shift key while clicking on the first file you want to copy. Continue to hold the shift key down and click on the last file that you want. The system will highlight all the files in between so you can copy them in one step.

If the files are not continuous you can hold down the Control Key and click on the files you want. They will light up and then you could copy, move or delete them all at once.

I often use other Control tricks for different situations.

If you want to do something with a block of text, you can highlight it and then use Control-X to delete it. If you want to leave it where it is but copy it elsewhere, highlight the text and then press Control-C. You won't see the text change but it is temporarily saved on an internal clipboard. Then go to where you would like to have it appear and press Control-V to past the copy in the new location.

Edited by tedbear 4/16/2017 10:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)