AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Compass with 6000 reciever
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Burgess159
Posted 4/17/2017 08:20 (#5967203 - in reply to #5965114)
Subject: RE: AgLeader Compass with 6000 reciever

Troy, Missouri
I don't know if this will help your issue with dropping signal, but you should check the GPS settings. but go to your GPS/ steering settings. On the right side of the screen, it should say GPS 6000 or AutoDetect on GPS source or something. Beside that, there is a little wrench, hit that. On the next window, on the left there should be a dropdown that says Differential Source with another wrench beside it. 1) Make sure the dropdown says WAAS (unless you have RTK or something) and 2) hit the wrench. After this, I don't exactly remember everything or where it should be. But if you haven't changed this, it probably says PRN source and is set on Auto. You need to change it, so click on Auto (as I think it should be a dropdown) and change it to Manual (if that is an option). It SHOULD now give you the option to choose your PRN differential source now.

Your location says you are in SW Ontario? I would say then you need to choose PRN 133. You can check on this map I have found before that tells me where the PRN satellites are, http://www.sxbluegps.com/technology/sbas-made-easy/ Its about 3/4 way down the page or so. You want to keep it on this satellite so that your correction numbers are coming from 1 satellite instead of multiple. If you go over a hill and 133 is now just a little farther away than 138, then it will switch correction satellites and your guidance lines will be different now. I don't know if this will help your situation, but it's something good to do and could help.

If this makes it worse, try PRN 138. 133 is more over the East coast of the US, and 138 is right over the Midwest where I'm at, which is what all my monitors are set on, but both satellites are fairly close together. Hope This helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)