AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS Desktop Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BAB84
Posted 4/10/2017 20:35 (#5956401)
Subject: SMS Desktop Question

Today I went through my management tree in SMS and deleted several field boundaries that aren't accurate with plans of re doing the boundaries at a later date. For now i just want to import all the field boundaries that are good and leave out the bad ones until i get time to create new ones. I guess i hoped that deleting the bad ones out of the management tree would permanantly delete them. I thought i could then go to "device setup utility" checkmark the box that says "export field boundaries". My hope was that it would only export the ones that i didnt delete(or thought so). I was wrong. It exported all the field boundaries... even the ones that i deleted. I talked to SMS technical support and they said that it didn't get rid of them because there is still a dataset being used under that management tree. He explained to me that it is to save the data integrity so that if you deleted in error, you can reclaim the data. (didn't really understand it at all) So anyway, my thought was to put all my good boundaries under "no year" in my management tree and then when i go to "device setup utility" i will leave the "export boundaries" box unchecked and then under
"spatial data" i would just select boundaries in "no year". I hoped this would export only the boundaries that are in the "no year" selection on spatial data. I was wrong. When i do it that way, it doesn't export any boundaries and when i check mark "export all boundaries" it exports them all. (Even the ones i don't want) What am i missing? I find it extremely frustrating that deleting boundaries out of the management tree doesn't truly get rid of them. Any suggestions or ideas? FYI importing into pro 700s and i would rather have no boundary than a bad boundary. Eventually i will get all the boundaries made with RTX and get them saved, just ran out of time and wanting to get through spring! Thanks for any input/advice and hope everyone has a safe and productive planting season!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)