AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9760 trying to catch on fire in soybeans today.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

oopscdaz
Posted 10/28/2008 22:13 (#493038 - in reply to #492249)
Subject: Boy is THIS EVER Common!!!!

Central Illinois
il weedman - 10/27/2008 22:03

Am I the only one having an issue with these machines? Found the rotor drive back by the gear box hot this afternoon and the rear beater burning on the inside. Got that put out and made a few rounds only this time it really fired up on the rear beater. Blew all of that out and started clean and found some more burning under the rotor covers. JD dealer came out went though everything with me but after he left I was still making fire. It was windy today and low humidity. Had the same issue last year but it came out of it.  Meeting with the territory manager in the morning. Are we the only ones having this issue out here?? Is anyone else having this problem????

Last year in Central Illinois, we had SEVERAL John Deere's catch fire, including ours. We blew it off every night but when the beans became so dry, the stems can go to instant combustion. In our case, it was bean fuzz being caught between the pulley and belt on the drivers side no less. As to stuff going through the fan, I agree with you, that is total BS> John Deere KNEW they had a problem with the 50-60 series so if you look at the 70 series, look up on the rear quarter panel and see how open it is now.
This year, as most of the beans are out here, no fires but some beans are still in the field so those people will have to watch out. Never had a fire in our IH combines that one couldn't readily find the reason for but the JD's, buy extra fire extinguishers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)