AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sub surface drip corn/soy's?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 10/18/2008 17:23 (#485340 - in reply to #485129)
Subject: Go to the Tulare, CA show.

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
If you want to see drip and filters and that stuff, go to the Tulare world expo. I don't think you could cover the whole show in 5 days. I haven't been to Louisville, but the guys I went to Tulare with have been to both, and said Tulare is better. Lots of drip tape reps on hand. We like EuroDrip the best. Netafim is good too. I never liked T-tape that much, but it is cheaper, and I haven't used it in a while, maybe it's improved. Another cheapo is Queen-Gil. Its a disposable one year tape in my opinion. Permanent buried drip requires more maintenance. RTK is a real advantage. I doubt freezing would be a problem since the hose can stretch significantly. I don't have any experience with Dakota winters though, so I wouldn't know. You probably need to pump phos-acid or something into the lines when out of season, so the emitters don't plug. There are many variables with drip. Topography, zone size, lenght of runs, water quality, soil type. Its just very location and crop specific. But will make you the best yields if you want to put the effort into it. I'm thinking about doing a contest corn field on drip next summer. The zones, pumps, and filters are already there from my pepper fields.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)