AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

round up price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nehunter
Posted 10/14/2008 10:17 (#482019)
Subject: round up price

I have heard that round up could be $70. a gal for next year. Monsanto has bought up the smaller company's that were making the old type of roundup. Now that the patent has expired. What I was wondering what if a group of farmers would form a co-op to make the old round up and then sell to the members for cost plus shipping. They could also sell to other farmers at a set price bellow Monsanto. If you could get 1000 to 2000 farmers to put in $25000 or 10000 farmers to put in $10000 to the co-op for the opportunity to get round up for under $5 to $10. a gal. It would not take much time to save enough to pay back your initial investment and Monsanto could not come in and buy the co-op without having over 50% of the members voting for it. I know Monsanto will just make up the money on their tec fee's but they will soon out price their seed and you will buy from another company, may have a smaller crop but you would still make more money.

One other thing I heard or read that the chemicals to make a gal of round up were only $.30 to$.35 per gal. If this is true that's $69.65 for shipping, marketing and manufacturing. Oh I almost forgot and Monsanto's greedy share.

I have no idea how much it would cost to start up a co-op like this but it would seem that the start up money would not be that hard to get. Their is a Large factory in south east Nebraska( Irwen tools) that just folded up and move to China. The work force was just told your out of a job in 3 months and your done. But what I am getting at is there is a number of large buildings just sitting there with nothing in them. Irwen did not own the buildings. So building wise you could get set up for penny's on the dollar.

There was a company in Kansas City that made Gystar ( that Monsanto bought out) if anyone would know if their chemists or some one in management there I would like to hear their idea's, or any other comments good or bad.

I would like to say most of my facts are from word of mouth and may not be completely true but if they are I don't see why this would not work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)