AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

48' Shivvers drying bin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ltct04
Posted 12/18/2016 11:50 (#5706543 - in reply to #5706350)
Subject: RE: 48' Shivvers drying bin

east central iowa
I have a 36 foot shivvers with 2 fans with the boosters it. Put it up in 2010 havent had to work on anything yet. Run 150,000 right now a year threw it and i dump right into the bin. Depends on how much help you have and what you can harvest in a day. Its usually me and one guy. Run a 12 row 20 corn head on a 9870. Sometimes we can run 2 carts if i have help close to bin. We gave never waited on the dryer and by morning its usualy caught up or shut off. If i had tons of man power 12 row head and good going a wet bin may be needed. If its warm out and corn is low 20 s on moisture once it starts to transfer it usually doesnt shut off. Neighbor did a 6000 bu wet bin with a cf going to a 20000 bu cooling bin at the same time using augers. I definetly would not trade mine for his and he had more money into his. I would want a leg or blower if doing cf. Good grain quality with the shivvers but never been around newer cf either. I also dry at 180 max. I wouldnt hesitate double bushels if i had to it wouldnt be my limiting factor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)