AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom upgrades how to remain stable?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 12/4/2016 17:05 (#5675646 - in reply to #5675198)
Subject: RE: Phantom upgrades how to remain stable?

Eastern Shore of MD
Paul, I understand exactly what you are saying. DJI does have a great product that is in need of better support. I am by no means a drone tech expert. I envy the guys that build them all their own and thoroughly understand the inner workings of all these electronics. So as you said, I fit into the category of farmer that wants to take it out of the box and use it. Unfortunately, we are still in whats a fairly new technology. To be honest, I am surprised that it works any at all with all of the opportunities for it to go wrong. I too fear the introduction of autonomous tractors. Will it detect a bad wheel bearing in a pulled implement? Will a solar flare send it into a house?

After doing my latest DJI update last night after responding to this post, I did think more about your situation and have a question. How would the remote have upgraded automatically? The app I understand, but the remote has to be turned on and you certainly would have known that it was updating as the beeps and blue lights would be flashing.

This is not a criticism either, but this reminds me a little of my Uncle. He loves Mac computers and uses one thats probably around 10 years old. He gets so frustrated and spends so much time trying to figure out ways of circumventing required updates than if he just updated the darn thing. I guess I am a little the same way too as the last time I updated my P3P was in December last year but sometimes you just gotta do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)