AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fleet Maintenance Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 10/1/2008 23:46 (#473416 - in reply to #473032)
Subject: Re: Fleet Maintenance Software

What I use may not be useful for a large fleet, but it works great for what I do. The program is called Lube Log, and its a Palm program running on my Treo 700p. I can enter in vehicles, VIN numbers, engine type, capacities, etc., then for each vehicle, I can make a parts list for consumable parts or any other or as many as I want. When I look at parts for a specific vehicle, I get the parts only for that vehicle. It also has a notes section for each vehicle that I can use for separate notes for specific vehicles, and has a maintenance history reporting function. I like it because I carry my Treo everywhere, and if I have any question (part number, last oil change, spark plug type, etc.) I have it with me and not on my computer at home. I have any machinery or other thing with an engine in the program.
Another type of program like this is called Auto Buddy with similar functions, yet with other bells and whistles.

Edited to add: You can see an example of it here: http://www.pdatopsoft.com/PalmOS/Lube-Log

Edited by Hayburner 10/1/2008 23:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)