AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Near Epic Fail
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

BacNBlak
Posted 11/13/2016 15:44 (#5634963)
Subject: Near Epic Fail

Eastern Shore of MD
My in-laws took our family out on a local dinner cruise on an authentic stern-wheeler. Its a local restaurant called Suicide Bridge, which is always great. I figured I'd take the ole P3P out and get some pics. I spoke with the boat Captain and he was fine with that. So I went on an upper deck and then I guess I shut my brain off and ignored common sense. The area I was taking off from was entirely too small, the boat was still moving and the compass was requiring calibration as I was on a gigantic metal boat. P mode was coming in and out and was in Atti-Mode most of the time. Stupid me decided to attempt a take off anyway. It jolted up in the air and quickly flew directly into a flag and pole. It flipped and drifted over the boat, landing on the roof, upside down, props still spinning. Let me say also, people were not near by when this happened. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

So the captain let me go on the roof. It was un-damaged. I then figured I could possibly redeem myself attempting a take off from the big, open, flat roof. This was successful, I got some good pics and I even got a job reference from that. Almost an absolute epic disaster though.

(DJI_0009.JPG)

(DJI_0015.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DJI_0009.JPG (121KB - 440 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0015.JPG (73KB - 440 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)